Thursday, October 21, 2010

Growing.

There is seriously a lot to catch up on...but first....may I introduce to you my new friend ::
First name, Pony. Last name, Tail.Hugh and Arlo aren't the only ones growing...so is my hair. Short as short can be for years and now after nearly one year of patience that only one who has ever tried growing out their hair could understand...my new pal Pony Tail signifies more than friendship, it is an accomplishment...a goal...a miracle.
Ahem. On another note...wet colourful leaves are among us and so are the flickering candles of newly carved Jack '0 Lanterns. Hugh's creation front and center...And finally...I did something that I thought I would never, ever, no way, not in a million gazillion years do as a mother. I, I, I caved. We bought Hugh a Halloween costume. We did and I can't believe it. You see, Hugh has wanted to go as Spider-man for ages now...and although I am sure I could create some sort of {abstract} super-hero costume for him...it wouldn't be the same. So, after much thought {as in, 'Don't be so selfish Peg...buy the poor kid a normal Halloween costume!'}, David and I took him shopping. When Hugh picked out the one with built in muscles...well, who can compete with that? Somehow it made everything feel okay. So without further adieu ::Spider-man...really, really strong Spider-man.
Now Arlo...well that's another story. You're just going to have to wait for his mama-made Halloween MASTERPIECE!!!!!!! Boo-ha-ha-haaaaaaaa.
xo

5 comments:

erika said...

I don't know what is more shocking- the fact that you have a ponytail or that you bought a costume. You couldn't convince Hugh to be Super Digger or Spider Skid Steer?

Love the pony- now is the easy part- getting to the pony tail stage is the hard part. Keep on going. My goodness- a long haired Peg. Crazy.

Happy almost birthday and anniversary! (Not that you have started celebrating those days already or anything...)

Uncle Jamie said...

Too funny!!! I just emailed you asking - begging - for an update. Great minds think alike :)

The bought costume will make Eleanor happy. She was none too pleased with the precedent you were establishing in the kids Halloween arena. To make yourself feel better you should revive the homemade Arlo spider/spiderweb costume so Hugh has something to shoot at . . .

Uncle Jamie said...

By the way . . . What's this year's over/under on how long the pumpkins survive on your front porch. If memory serves me last year it was weeks AFTER Halloween and they were still "surviving".

I'll set this year's over/under at November 15 . . .

Go Hugh!!! Protect your friends :)

hugh&arlo said...

hooray! erika, i was hoping you read this post as i knew you would be MOST IMPRESSED by the pony tail. isn't it something? did you ever think you'd see the day where my hair would reach over 1" long? Now, the only problem is i have yet to buy a brush.
i tried and tried to convince hugh to make up his own superhero costume. i told him he could blend all the superheroes into one...i had him on board for about one day...and then it was back to that stinkin' spidey-man.
thanks for the birthday and anniversary wishes...hard to believe this is #10 for us...especially since i'm only turning 22! wink.wink. xopd.

hugh&arlo said...

i miss you jamie. your comments made me laugh...and i love your memory of the pumpkin survival story. i had forgotten...shall i start preparing him now? xopd.