Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cool

Now a mother of two, I have completely lost all my cool factor. Maybe I never had it...but I'd like to think I did. So I was quite certain a trip to the big city to get a big city haircut and colour would be my {one way} ticket back to cool. It didn't go quite as planned...my hopes for blond came out red...my hopes for a fancy cut came out as a simple trim. When the stylist spun the chair around so I could see the finished results, I looked down at Arlo who smiled the biggest gummiest grin back at me and I thought, 'Who needs cool? I have something better. Something named Arlo. Something named Hugh." And then I thought, "For the love of Pete, would someone please turn down that loud annoying club music. It's making me sea sick!"
Yep, my cool factor is long gone and I couldn't be more pleased!
xo

0 comments: