Friday, August 14, 2009

A Good Day

The past three days have been....trying {saying it kindly}. Between the tantrums of an over tired, over hungry, over zealous 3 year old and the tantrums of an over tired, over fed, over zealous 34 year old, our days have been the kind I wish not to visit again. Today I was determined to bring back the love...starting with a much needed Mummy break {a 3 hour snooze with Arlo}, followed by a surprise porch picnic {thank you Hugh and Daddy} and then a walk to the river to tap our feet to a bluegrass band playing from a boat. At the show, Hugh looked to be enjoying himself with his interpretive dance routinebut then with sweaty hair and a red face he said, "I don't like this music. It's not cool. There aren't any drums or a keytar."
For those who are not familiar with the keytar...click here {for a good laugh}. I was a bit disappointed from Hugh's reaction as I was really counting on him to learn the fiddle so we can start our own bluegrass band. I guess my banjo may just have to settle with the accompaniment of a keytar. But wait, there's always Arlo...he seemed to be having a dandy time!{and in case you were wondering...yes, I do have to lift up those neck rolls every night to clean...and kiss!}
Ah...it was a good day...
xo

0 comments: