Friday, November 12, 2010

Nothing Short of...Two Miracles.

Miracle One.
Silence in the house. (although a miracle in itself...not the One.}
1 minute. 3 minutes. 5 minutes.
Silence.
"Hugh?"
Silence. Panic.
"Hugh? Huuu-ggghhhh?!? Where are you? What's going on?"
Silence.
I sped down the stairs...slid around the corner at top-dog-sock-sliding speed and practically blinded by the divine light streaming through the window, I came face to face with Miracle Numero Uno. {You know, there is hardly any other saying that I like more than Numero Uno. I wish everything, everyone, everyday could be Numero Uno.} There he was, sitting quietly at the table creating, drawing, art-ing. Right there. In the divine light. There was no bribing involved. No craft-begging. No wrestling to the ground shoving a broken crayon in his hand. {Okay. That one never happened. Unless having visions of it happening count.} Of his own accord, he had found his well stocked art box and his dusty sketchbook. I didn't know what to do. So, I held my breath and froze like a statue for I was just sure that even the slightest bit of movement might offset my Hughblo Picasso.
Silence.
My camera was within arms reach. Should I? Would I? Could I grab it and click it without disruption? Yep. I should, would and could.
I don't know why, but something resonated with Hugh on this day...perhaps it's his new fascination with Superheroes. After all they are so beautifully graphic...full of colour and expression. Or maybe he just decided after 4 years of living on Earth, it was time to draw. And because I am SO NOT GOING TO MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OF THIS ...ahem... perhaps I should wait a little while before informing Hugh....that I just signed him up for this.

Miracle Two.
This one speaks for itself.
xo

1 comments:

Uncle Jamie said...

It maybe just me but the red faced one looks to have been inspired by John Lennon. Interesting.

Also so I love that the desk is by the bar. I need similar "companionship" when I'm paying bills . . .