Friday, January 7, 2011

I am no 5 year old.

While Hugh & Arlo were taking care of dinner...I was taking care to not throw this thing across the room.What is this thing? I don't know. Okay, I sort of know. It's a Level 4 Transformer. Which means it's REALLY HARD. Like ages 5 and up hard.

Here's the bit where I make a wee confession - you see, I got a bit braggy about my Transformer skills. I whizzed through Level 1 {where there is absolutely no transforming involved...you simply flip the car over to produce a robot/autobot which has been cleverly painted on the underside}. I skipped to the lou my darling on Level 2 {which I think I had to twist a head around to transform it into a robot}. I coughed a little during Level 3 {Okay, Level 3 was tricky. Lots of transforming and clever thinking involved...tricky indeed, but I started to get kind of good...a little braggy, perhaps...and then just plain foolish when I challenged everyone to a 1,2,3 Level 4 Transformer War!!!}.

Level 4. It's not going well. And my hands hurt. The worst part is I don't even remember what I'm supposed to turn it in to. Is it a plane? Helicopter? Motorcycle? Part after part keep falling in my cramped hands. Every twist I make seems to produce a more distorted version of the last twist. It's unbelievable. Like only the kind of unbelievable-ness created by toys for Ages 5 and up.

You know, it's times like these when I reflect upon the days of playing Builder. Come to think of it, playing the role of the two dimensional bulldozer was really rewarding. As in ages 4 and up rewarding.
xo

1 comments:

Uncle Jamie said...

Two Thoughts:

1. There is NOTHING worse or more incomplete than kid toy instruction. It's January and I'm already dreading Christmas.

2. I think you're OVER qualified. Once you cleared 10 years of age you no longer have the skills to do it.