Friday, May 15, 2009

Sit and Stare

When Hugh was Arlo's age I spent most {okay, ALL} of my days staring at him. I was fascinated with every twitch and twinkle he made. As I studied him I would often think, "I can't wait until he..." and the thought would be finished with either: smile, crawl, walk, run, dance, talk, laugh...etc. And now I truly miss my "sit and stare" days. Did I hurry away the simple enjoyment of his newborn stillness? Perhaps...so this is why I delight in an unexpected afternoon snooze {even in a wagon} which enables me to...once again...sit and stare.With Arlo, I'm soaking up every luxurious chance I get to study my newest son. I try my hardest to freeze the moment and not wish any time away. Of course, I look forward to his milestones...but for now, I am basking in the present...and that makes me so happy!
xo

0 comments: