Sunday, July 4, 2010

And resume...

Ahem. It's been awhile.
Today I knocked the cobwebs off of this space and am very happy to return...afresh. Mostly my writing time comes after the boys are tucked away in dreamland...but as of late, one boy who we lovingly call Hugh, is on bedtime strike. The dreaded picketing begins at 7pm and ends around 11pm. It produces gentle growls from all involved leaving us completely and utterly spent.
I've missed my regular reflections here...it feels good to step in again all the while Hugh is striking away from the other room. Ah...Kid's Unions...the worst kind.
Hugh and Miles officially graduated from nursery school. Their grand exit involved an octopus costume and a very loudly rendition of Slippery Fish. The performance led me to believe that all graduations...big and small...should somehow include sea creatures as it really lends to the overall experience.Arlo has taken to carrying a suitcase just about everywhere we go. I think it's terribly stylish and couldn't be prouder. "Why is he carrying that?" a stranger will ask. "I don't know." I reply, "I think he's going somewhere...or selling something!" It's beautiful...very 1940's travelling salesman. We spent last week at the cottage where we ate freshly picked raspberries, sugar-snap peas {sorry Mrs. Scribbin's garden...surely you won't notice?}, homemade ice cream and all of Nana's home cooking! Although we are home now...in just a few short days...we will return to our summer oasis. And finally, Hugh and Arlo would like to send silent fireworks {the loud variety do not mix well with Hugh's ears} to all of our friends and family celebrating in the good ol' U.S. of A. It's good to back...now, go to bed Hugh!!!!!!!
xo

1 comments:

Ja'mum said...

Oh how I missed your blog! Welcome back...I hope Hugh was good and tired after our Lion's Pool jumping extravaganza this evening!
As for the travelling salesman...there are no words!!!