Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Cottage Mix

You see, technology and cottage are not supposed to and therefore, do not mix. Memories of my brother wrapping aluminum foil around the antennas of our tiny black and white cottage television so that we could watch a fuzzy episode of Three's Company were all too near as I patiently awaited for our cottage computer to connect to this space. I'm not sure how long one is supposed to wait for cottage technology...certainly longer than the citified variety...but I just really didn't have it in me. Sorry for the hiccup in posts.
However, upon our arrival home and sifting through our photographs from last week, I have made an obvious discovery. Do you know what is the perfect cottage mix? A gin & tonic. No, no, no...well actually, yes...but no. The perfect partner, the most magical mix for cottage is family. Mothers, Fathers, Brothers, Uncles, Sons and Daughter unite...a family learning, laughing and loving at the cottage.
{Dream come true! Hugh does nails!}Although we are home now, in just a couple of days we will return where swimming lessons and running races await. I will give the ol' cottage technology another go...but if you don't hear from us in awhile, never fear...we'll be back.
xo

2 comments:

Uncle Jamie said...

I'm too jealous to respond . . .

Lisa T. said...

Hugh does nails as good as I do my own. What's his rate? What a magical place to escape too! You deserve such nice things, you've never been anything but wonderful to yourself and others.
:)
Lisa T.