Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Good News. Hugh Is Finally Asleep!

This was meant be an update about Grassman.About how we awoke this morning to find our pet breathing. I was sure to also inform how well he was walking. Maybe even...lucid. Perhaps I might also add how we gave him a new home filled with grass, lavender and basil leaves because upon further thought, our grasshopper prefers a menu shared by herbivores. And then most likely, my its-a-grasshopper-miracle-post would screech to a climatic end with Grassman's surprising demise....as I sadly detailed how Hugh accidentally dropped him...and may or may not have stepped on him too.

But this was not to be...because my focus tonight is not on our beloved grasshopper hopping in grass heaven. No. No. My mind is consumed by Hugh's unbelievable, impressive, almost admirable tactics for warding off bedtime. He should write a '101 Clever Reasons Not To Go To Bed...Ever' book. Or travel around the globe giving motivational 'Don't Sleep' speeches to an audience filled with children. However, when the panicked thought of, "He will never, never, never, never-ever fall asleep again!" enters in to our minds....we find him silently, diagonally and peacefully asleep. On the floor. xo

3 comments:

Uncle Jamie said...

Looks like one too many martinis to me . . .

Ja'mum said...

Oh Hugh.

Uncle Jamie said...

I'm sorry but I'm getting worried. Is Hugh STILL asleep???

I need my Hugh and Arlo fix!!!