Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Van

Today our neighbour La-La, rented a van. Not particularly exciting news to the average fellow...but to Hugh this was front page worthy stuff. La-La and his wife Ro-Ro often rent cars... and Hugh loves to see what new car will be parked in the driveway. Will it be red? Will it be big? Where will they be going in their car? How long will they be gone?

Typical of "car rental days", Hugh and I went outside to inspect. And while we were outside, La-La met us and gave an offer of a lifetime to a 3 year old boy:
"Hugh, would you like to go for a ride in my van?"
Although completely illegal to have a car seat in the passenger seat...how could I deny this child of mine such excitement? I couldn't. I just couldn't.
And it was well worth the risk... he's still smiling...
xo

0 comments: