Monday, April 19, 2010

Farewell

Do you know I get weepy every time my parents leave to go home? It's true. And perhaps a little pathetic. I might mention they live really far away...really...really far away. However, I thought teary farewells were saved for babies and young children. But when it's goodbye time around here, my stomach starts to hurt, my eyes begin to prickle and my heart races. I call it, The Waterworks.
"Don't do it Peg. Don't do it. Stay strong. For goodness sakes you're an adult. You're a mother. Come on...Don't do it!" I beg to myself as the tears begin streaming down my cheeks.I wonder if Hugh and Arlo will feel the same one day about me? Oh wait. Silly. I forgot. My plan is to live with them forever and ever and ever and ever!!! They'll LOVE that! I'll never leave. Ah...what a great idea.
xo

1 comments:

Nana said...

It was a lovely visit...who can forget the hugs, the drooly smiles, the giggles, the proud accomplishments (stair climbing, tower building, almost walking, swimming, Tinker Toy creations, and baseball)?? Loved every minute! Can't wait till the cottage.

Love, Nana