Monday, April 26, 2010

The Soloist

This morning....accompanied by a real live pianist, Hugh performed a violin solo in front of a real live audience! Standing up on stage alone is surely brave enough...but to then hold a violin AND play it, is more than this proud mummy can possibly wrap her head around. Although I will never perm Hugh's hair or don him in false eyelashes {well...maybe I'll do that one}, I did feel a little stage mom-ish when the adjudicator handed him his first place ribbon.
"Woo-Hoo!!" I hollered, "We did it...er..YOU did it!"
Way to go Hugh! We are so proud of you!
Now what did I do with those those false eyelashes...and that red lipstick?
xo

1 comments:

Nana said...

Needles to say, we're bursting with pride from Florida. And didn't our virtuoso look smashing in his kangaroo sweater??? Way to go, Hugh!!

Love Nana