Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Arlo!

Dearest Arlo,
Happy 365 days. Happy 12 months. Happy 1 year!
One year ago today, our midwife placed your toasty body into my arms. I held you tight and kissed your face. You were very sleepy and didn't open your eyes for about....two months. I didn't mind. I loved your calm nature. You were fat. You were happy. And after a few minutes passed by, I discovered you were delicious!
And now 365 days later, you have made your own delicious discovery...bacon. During your birthday breakfast, you left the gifts for Hugh to tend to while you watched and chewed on your salty new friend.You spent a peaceful afternoon...napping...eating...playing in the dirt...and gearing up for your cupcake fest in the evening. We called on friends and family to sing Happy Birthday to you really loudly...and this made you ever so pleased. Happy Birthday sweet, sweet Arlo. We love, love, love you!


A year of Arlo
xo

4 comments:

Ja'mum said...

Ummm...you just made me cry. I love that boy (and his wonderful big brother, too)!

Uncle Jamie said...

It's quite possible I might have teared up too. Great video :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARLO!!!

Grandaddy Rodway said...

That's my grandson !!

erika said...

Happy birthday little Arlo! Sweet video.