Thursday, September 9, 2010

Children's Garden

Mrs. Whaley was her name. And I loved her so. She was my kindergarten teacher who wore beautiful dresses. The blue one was my personal favourite.
Mrs. Macdonald is her name. And Hugh loves her so. She is his kindergarten teacher who will most likely wear beautiful blue dresses too.
It felt impossible to me that I was taking him to his first day of kindergarten this morning. I've driven by his school countless times, but I struggled to find it today. Wait, do I turn right here...no, no I better go straight...but going straight means I have to turn left which means traffic...
As I {kind of strangely} made my way there, I stole a few peeks of him sitting ever so calmly in the back seat.
"So don't worry about a thing!'
I told him, 'Kindergarten totally rocks. It's so fun. Wow, you look so calm back there. And beautiful...I mean handsome. Everyone is going to love you. Just remember to listen and be polite. Oh, and grateful too. Wow. Kindergarten. I loved kindergarten. So fun. Yep. So much fun. I remember....'.
'Mom?'
, he stopped my babble with expert timing, 'If you shoot a gun, do you think the bullet can reach outer space?'.
As we arrived to the school he lined-up with up his new classmates {and Miles} and blew me a kiss. We watched his kiss float through the air as it made its way towards my cheek. He giggled. And so did I...Happy Kindergarten Hugh!
xo

3 comments:

Uncle Jamie said...

Mrs. Frankie. She was the coolest. I have no idea what color dresses she wore.

Have fun Hugh!!! We can't wait to hear the stories. Just remember flowers don't have to be red and leaves don't have to be green (obscure Harry Chapin reference for those who know such things)

I met my friend Eric in Kindergarten and 35 years later he was a groomsman in my wedding. WOW!!!

PS - THE BLOG IS BACK!!! YEAH!!!

Uncle Jamie said...

Also, is it just me or is he looking more and more like Dennis the Menance with every photo. I LOVE IT!!! His uncle has got to get Hugh a slingshot to complete the look . . . :)

Lisa T. said...

So sweet. OH SO SWEET! Peg! YOu have a boy in kindergarten! It had to be so hard to drop him off, lettin' him grow. but exciting too! I count the days and calculate I have XXX left with Henry all to myself and the tick off way to quickly.