Tuesday, September 21, 2010

His name is Hugh

Introducing the new leader ::
Hugh has been waiting for this moment ever since his teacher mentioned the word :: Leader. The significance of being appointed leader is HUGE. You see my friends, leader may represent many things...but for Hugh it signifies only these three special words - Show. And. Tell. Nobody else will have this special privilege tomorrow...just the leader. Solo show-and-tell-o. To this day, the very thought of show-and-tell still makes me giddy. I actually remember the time when Jackie Younge, my preschool classmate, brought in air for show-and-tell. Air, I tell you. She reached into her yellow raincoat pocket and pulled out a fist full of air. We were confused. Disappointed. And oh so completely intrigued. She was a savant, that Jackie Younge, a show-and-tell savant.
So what will our mighty leader bring tomorrow? Folks, he is asking himself the very same question. And the answer changes every 2.4 seconds. Bobcat...no, no...logging truck...no, construction sign...no, bobcat...no,logging truck...
Stay tuned...
xo

3 comments:

Uncle Jamie said...

I'm on the edge of my seat. Just the thought that at this very moment The Leader could be in the midst of his one-of-a-kind Show & Tell moment is more than I can handle. More coffee please.

Ja'mum said...

Whatever happened to Jackie Younge?? Pretty slick kid, huh? But she's no Hugh. I'd like to be sitting in the class to experience a little of Hugh's leadership!!!

hugh&arlo said...

Well, I don't know whatever happened to Jackie Younge. I do know that one time in grade 6 she was rolling up her pant leg to scratch a mosquito bite. She rolled her pant leg too high...got it stuck and her leg started turning bright red then blue. Just before I was sure she was going to lose her leg, our teacher ran over with scissors and cut the pant. Another unbelievable act of 'show-and-tell'...that Jackie Younge...whatever did happen to Jackie Younge? xo