Tuesday, September 1, 2009

After The Wedding

Charlotte is a beautiful city filled with lovely people, steamy delicious weather and a really great Target. A perfect place for a perfect wedding celebration...Charlotte that is, not Target!The Rain Barrel clad in a tuxedo, a boutonniere {or 'a weed' as Hugh called it} and his pink Crocs did his very 3 year old best. When I walked in the front of the church with the wedding party I saw my tiny pink footed penguin and nearly collapsed from his cuteness. However, I had to remain calm and indifferent as any attention to Hugh would set him off. As it came time for his big walk down the rather long aisle, our poor dear crumbled. Fortunately the Rain Barrel's assistant {Super Daddy} came to the rescue...sweeping Hugh off of his feet helping him complete his assignment. Phew.Looking back on the weekend I feel such warmth and inspiration of Uncle Jamie and Eleanor's love to one another. I feel such happiness in meeting new friends. And I feel so proud to have acquired a little twang to my northern dialect. I might even swear that I heard Hugh chatter a "Y'all"...music to my ears!Thank you Charlotte!
xo

1 comments:

Debbie Hains said...

Well now, Charlotte grew on you, did it? As we say, "Y'all come back now, ya hear?" :-) And I would LOVE to see more of your wedding pictures....I know you took a LOT. These are awesome.

Love, Debbie