Saturday, January 2, 2010

Family Amour

It is not lost on me how lucky I am to love my family. I love the family created with David. I love the family created for me. And there is no time better to be reminded of this good fortune than at the holidays. Some of us drove kilometers while others drove miles to come together for our annual winter reunion...in a knotty pine nest...at The Cottage. Don't get me wrong, cabin fever was never far off and a much needed cocktail hour often began at 4:59pm...especially the afternoon when the 3 1/2 year old family member's seat-cushion-ramp trick came crashing down resulting in a fat lip and a bloody nose...but really, thank goodness for those moments because otherwise it may have just been a little too dreamy.
Christmas decoratingChristmas treatsChristmas trainsChristmas pageantsChristmas craftingChristmas presentsand most of all, the cherished Christmas moments in each other's embrace. Family.xo

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Peg - can you email me your Christmas pics so that I can put them in our digital frame - since we were genius and forgot our camera

hugh&arlo said...

great idea!
i'll do it now.
xo