Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pomegranate

It happened.
A giant, juicy pomegranate arrived at our house. My first course of action was wardrobe change. Arlo's threads were not screaming "I'm about to try a pomegranate for the first time ever!", so I dressed him in something designed exactly for this type of monumental occasion...Argyle. I carefully placed the fruit between his two shiny hands. "Arlo meet Pom."..."Pom meet Arlo."Hugh and I watched with giggling anticipation until we could not stand it any longer. We took the pomegranate straight to the cutting board. Our mouths watered as the red juice poured out. Although I sensed a little apprehension in Arlo's expression, I carried on and harvested the plumpest seed I could find. My pincers carefully squeezed it into Arlo's trusting mouth. Burst. Uh-Oh. The face.I stood back and tried again. And I was...how can I...oh alright, I was swatted away. The chubby hand pushed me away...hard. Our Arlo, The Lover Of All Things Food, denied the pomegranate. After several more attempts met with several more swats and squawks, I threw in the pink stained towel. Sweet Arlo, thank you for being such a good sport. We are so proud of you for trying something new. And we are especially appreciative for your patience towards this crazy lady we call...Mummy. We love you sticky face and all!
xo

0 comments: