Friday, July 17, 2009

Crocodile Shoes

Have you heard? Hugh got Crocs. {here is where I let out a great big sigh. SIGH.} I've been resisting the whole Crocs movement...not because I have anything against Crocs...I just wanted Hugh to be unique...and wear sensible shoes {okay, now it sounds like I have something against Crocs...but truly, I don't.} However while visiting Nolan's farm last week, Hugh just didn't feel happy in his black rubber boots. He looked dreamily at all the colourful Crocs neatly lined up in a row outside the trampoline and with shoulders slumped he said, "I wish I had Crocs." And so like any parent {read: suckers} we thought the time had come to grant Hugh's wish. Today, David took Hugh Crocs shopping. Hugh walked into the shoe store...beelined it for the Crocs display...pointed to the pinkest of pink pair and said "Those. I want those."
What was I worried about? Hugh is truly unique...Crocs or no Crocs. He is so proud...so very proud of his shoes. He is telling everyone and anyone who will listen..."I've got Crocs"....to the kids in the park, the people on the sidewalk, the neighbours, the birds and if you listen really carefully perhaps you too will also hear..."I've got Crocs".Arlo is quite taken with them too...
xo

0 comments: