Thursday, July 9, 2009

Meet Sweedie

You've met Honnie and now it's time for you to meet Honnie's good friend, Sweedie. Honnie and Sweedie are inseparable and find themselves in the most precarious situations...take this morning, for instance:
Hugh: "MUMMY!!! Come QUICK! Outside...Honnie and Sweedie have climbed up the telephone pole. Please tell them to come down!!!! HURRY!!
Me: {stepping out on to the front porch and in a normal talking voice, I say} "Honnie. Sweedie. Come down immediately.
Hugh: "Mummy!!! LOUDER. They can't hear you."
Me: {waiting until the biker rides by...I say in a louder than normal talking voice} "Honnie. Sweedie. Please come down"
Hugh: "LOUDER. LOUDER. Oh no. Now they are on the telephone wires!"
Me: {wearing a dreadful pajama outfit and wearing an even more dreadful bedhead, I yell} "HONNIE. SWEEDIE. COME DOWN! I BEG OF YOU. PLEASE. COME. DOWN." {without looking to see who has witnessed this spectacle, I race inside and convince Hugh that Honnie and Sweedie are right behind.}
Much to my relief , Honnie and Sweedie behaved themselves the rest of the day. They enjoyed a run through the sprinkler with Hugh {you will notice that Honnie and Sweedie are not wearing rubber boots like Hugh...but ARE wearing their swimming trunks} and a gentle sit on top of Arlo.xo

1 comments:

Rebecca Hill said...

Welcome to the family, Sweedie! I'm sorry I missed the telephone spectacle. What a relief that the friends are safe. We're so glad to have you back...we just hate being stuck in the burbs away from you.