Monday, July 20, 2009

Oh The Pool

Last summer, Hugh and I spent nearly every evening at the pool. It was the perfect substitute for a bath because at that time he was on strike from bathing. The pool was also a great tool to expend any lingering energy...{which in Hugh's case is no easy feat}. However, this summer we have yet to dip our toes in the pool...this has caused me a little worry because we bought Arlo the cutest swimsuit which we are quite sure he grew out of minutes after buying it! On the other hand, Hugh is still wearing the same suit from two years ago...but anyway...tonight we took our boys to the pool where we also met Miles and family. It was wonderful! So many memories flooded through me as I watched Hugh playing shark attack with David... as well as enjoying free swim rides. I remember doing the same things with my dad. Arlo wasn't as taken with the pool....he found it rather chilly on his chubby toes. Nevertheless, he wore his suit proudly and I'm glad he got at least one wear out of it.Could we please press pause for one second while we absorb Arlo's fabulous droopy thigh folds? Ahhhhhhh. Okay: resume!xo

1 comments:

Rebecca Hill said...

Arlo's chubby toes in the water make my heart melt!! Looks so fun...I can't wait till we're back in the 'hood so we can join in on the excursions. Love Beck