Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Costume: Part I

August ::
Hugh: Mummy, guess what I am going as for Halloween?
Me: Wonderful. You're already thinking about it. That's great. What are you going to be?
Hugh: A Ghost Crane Excavator!!!!
{Huh? Long pause. Moments of panic from the one who must construct said costume}
Me: Sounds.....great.
{Surely if I don't ever bring this up again, he will forget. Yes. Good plan Mummy.}

September ::
Hugh: I can't WAIT for Halloween. I'm going to be the best Ghost Crane Excavator!
Mummy: {change the subject. change the subject.} What's Arlo doing?
The next week ::
Hugh: La-La, I am going as a Ghost Crane Excavator for Halloweeeeeeen!!!
La-La: Pardon me?
A few hours later ::
Hugh: MILES, Guess what? I. Am. Going. To. Be. A. Ghost. Crane. Exacavator.!!!!
Miles: Ooooh.

Every single day after ::
Ghost Crane Excavator. Ghost Crane Excavator.

I guess it's safe to say we know what Hugh will be for Halloween...or do we? Because what exactly IS a Ghost Crane Excavator, Hugh??
{this next part should be read completely out of breath while walking around in circles without any punctuation marks except for giant exclamations.}
Hugh: A Ghost Crane Excavator is an excavator on my arm with a real grappler attachment and hydraulics and a crane coming out of my head with another attachment and caterpillar treads on my shoes and my arm will be able to pick up things with my grappler and my crane will pick up things too and and and and!!!!!!!
Me: Perhaps we should sketch some ideas?
Hugh: Oh Sure. I'd love to...I can do that.Me: help.
xo

0 comments: