Friday, October 30, 2009

Finito

When the clock struck 12:00am I questioned my decision of a homemade costume. I had lost the thread and needle for the third time...my shoulders ached...my eyes were burning and the temptation to purchase a store made costume was overwhelming.
Besides, I thought, he's never going to wear it...
I was at my low point. sniff. sniff.
And then the wind began to blow...a second wind to be exact. My lost needle and thread found their way magically back in to my hands. And before I knew it {or an hour later} I was laying the completed costume on the dining room table. I stood back...squinted...rubbed my eyes...tilted my head sideways and squinted again...and in the poorly lit room, I felt like I had really achieved the unachievable: A Ghost Crane Excavator.But I didn't do it alone, a special thanks to Ja'Mum for sewing on the sleeves so that it didn't turn out like this:and thank you for your creative input and deep knowledge of machine parts. And to my dear Hugh, thank you for putting the costume on with such ease and enthusiasm this morning. It made the long sleep deprived night well worth it! I love you Ghost Crane Excavator much!
Alright Arlo, you're next!
xo

1 comments:

Ja'mum said...

Dear Ghost Crane Excavator,
I just can't get you out of my mind. Yo' mama is a fabulous costume designer and I see a long Hallowe'en career ahead for her!

You are the very best, scariest, spooooookiest Ghost Crane Excavator EVER!!!

Love Ja'Mum
aka - Crooked-Stained-Toothed Robber