Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Stocking Story

Cast On 66 stitches...or was it 72 stitches? Where on earth are my notes from Hugh's stocking? I made notes, right? I mean any proper knitter would make notes...oh excuse me, lump in my throat and panic feeling, you may leave now. I can do this...I can make the exact replica of Hugh's stocking for Arlo avoiding any stocking envy...

[WE INTERRUPT THIS FASCINATING STORY TO BRING YOU THE CRISIS THAT UNFOLDED EARLIER THIS EVENING WHEN IVAN THE ELF WAS FOUND INJURED AND UNCONSCIOUS ON THE GUEST BEDROOM FLOOR]

Resident Hugh Spencer reported from the top of the stairs tonight:

"Ivan's on the flo!"

"What?!? Hugh, who are you talking to? What happened?!?" I yelled back

"Ivan's on the flo, he fell!" sounding panicked

"Oh gosh!" I totally forgot I hid Ivan in among the linens in the guest room until his next "appearance". While getting the new sheets for our room, one armed with Arlo I must have knocked him loose and not noticed, stated fellow resident Daddy.
"I ran up the stairs to discover Hugh and Miles inspecting the accident scene. Not wanting to ruin their childhood I told the boys to wait outside while I checked Ivan. I remember closing the door and then manically scooping Ivan up and saying something loudly to the effect of:

'Ivan are you okay? Oh, you look fine.' Hoping to reassure the boys of Ivan's welfare. When I went to open the door and let the boys in the room - Ivan had been hidden in a drawer of the guest room dresser disappeared!"

[WE NOW RETURN TO THE UTTERLY FASCINATING STORY OF WHATEVER PEG WAS GOING ON ABOUT - MAYBE SHE SHOULD STOP BLOGGING ABOUT THE DAMN STOCKING AND START KNITTING IT!]

Ahem, anyway as I was saying...I'm off to the land of knitting.
xo


Update::
As of 8pm this evening the Hopsital had no reports of an injured Elf being admitted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

STOP STOP STOP O.K. So I was the second boy who lived on hand me downs and identicals. DO NOT knit Arlo a replica of Hugh's stocking - knit Arlo his very own unique stocking ( side benefit is that you don't have to rip out if in some tiny area in varies )

Love Grandady and Dad

hugh&arlo said...

I like the way you think!
Thanks Dad.
xo