Monday, October 12, 2009

One For The Memory Pocket

'Is that Mummy?' I heard Hugh ask David while perched on his father's lap watching old Muppet videos.

FREEZE:
There are many moments along this swirly-twirly parental journey that I am determined to remember. And this is one of them...
1. I love Julie Andrews
2. I love to yodel. Ahem. I love trying to yodel...especially The Lonely Goatherd while driving in the car with my loyal audience members strapped down...unable to escape.
UNFREEZE:
'Please', I said to myself, 'Please don't ever forget this moment. And when you are feeling down and dumpy, just remember that for one beautiful moment, your son thought you were Julie Andrews'.

xo

2 comments:

Ja'mum said...

Priceless! I love that Arlo is your marionette! Good call, Hugh...
xoxo
Ja'mum

Rebecca Hill said...

am totally jealous that hugh thought you were julie andrews! Who is Hank going to think I am? Cowgirl Kathy who rides the barrel race in 8 seconds? wahoo!